Monday, May 5, 2008

Getting to Know Us: Ben Porter

we hope this blogsite becomes a community gathering place for you, periodically we'll feature the people who serve in our ministry here.

Name: Ben Porter

Passionate about: Playing/Listening to/Writing Music, teaching kids, things I can laugh about, and sushi.

Why I Do What I Do: I play guitar and sing on the worship team. I do this because I know that I need to use my musical gifts to help the church and help lead God's people in worship.

Quirkiest traits: I still like comic books and I name all of my guitars. (It helps increase the bond.)

Status: Happily Married - No Kids - Cat and Fish

If you serve in our ministry please submit a candid photo to janetfraser@sunsetpres.org and be willing to answer 3- 4 random questions...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this post! Ben you rock. Awesome pic.
Jay

Janet Fraser said...

Hey Ben- thanks for being the guinea pig on this project. When you play you model worship being a lifestyle... it flows out of you! Thanks for using your gifts at Sunset!

Anonymous said...

Happy to oblige. I did have this awesome picture of me shredding on the guitar, but my wife said it was "not candid." Oh well. I'm glad that you see that I am trying to live "worship." It's something I have been working on lately. It's been an interesting process of weeding out the things that don't reflect God's goodness and love. But then again, it's an easy thing to do when you are surrounded by awesome believers like you guys.

Ben