Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Getting To Know Us: Traci Franzke

Traci (top right) with some of her students

Traci is taking over while Carrie is on maternity leave, as our part-time admin.
How/why do you serve at Sunset?
I began attending Sunset in 1998 as a HS student, and was involved with a small group, attended camps, went on the senior mission trip. After graduating from college I moved home and Sara Phillips invited me to check out giving back to what I had gained so much from in my high school days. SO...I jumped head first into a group of Junior girls, and finished out high school with them! I am now currently a leader of sophomore girls!

I love spending Thursday mornings with the Toddler's in Kids Club during MOMS.

I am also co-leading the upcoming Spring Break mission trip to Helene Honduras.

What’s on your favorite playlist?
Music is my hidden embarrassment. I hate answering this question, haha...Here are artists on my favorite road trip playlist: The Eagles, Lifehouse, Bon Jovi, Garth Brooks, The Fray, Ingrid Michaelson, Journey, Shania Twain, Pinstripe Rebellion, Tim McGraw, Michael Jackson, Amos Lee, Brooks and Dunn, DCB, Bob Dylan, Matt Wertz, Skynyrd, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Needham, Green Day, and DMB.

What are you passionate about?
I love people the most! Being in relationship with them, encouraging them, just being a part of their lives! I find my connections with these people through the other things I love: sports, students/kids, Jesus, coaching, and Oregon State :)

Why were you interested in a temporary part-time position?
I am a Varsity Girls Basketball Asst Coach at Westview HS and with season here I needed a job to fill the day but not take from my time on the court and my role in the program off the court.
What’s your “day job”?
Quickly put, my day's are full of all sorts of things! ...In the 'off-season' I am a private contractor and do creative project management and event/wedding coordination. I also 'nanny,' aka help out my mom-friends when I can. I spend time helping out in the Athletic Office and supervising athletic events over at Westview. I am in the weight room and on the court with the basketball team a lot these days also!

No comments: