Monday, October 13, 2008

Getting to Know Us: Jilly Gosset


How and why do you serve at Sunset? I cook for the Gift Small Group Leaders with my friends Cynthia Dixon and Cathy Manor; I feed the Worship Team a few Sundays a month, I'm blessed to be part of the Choir, I help with most of Lisa Symmonds' projects because I love her and am amazed by her servant's heart. It looks like I try to nurture the tummies that feed my heart!

What is the worst dish you ever made? I have to choose just ONE!? That list is longer than I'd like to admit: I tried to make Spelt Tortillas once, and I cannot make a cake from scratch to save my life. The first time I ever tried to make Alfredo Sauce - bad, and the Baby Rack ribs I did for my Dad's 50th Birthday - embarrassing. Those are the most memorable.

If you could be a personal chef for anyone in the world, who would you
choose and why? Sir Richard Branson: in addition to being so adventurous, smart and resilient, I suspect he is very kind and quite funny.

What is your conversation with God like when you are praising Him? "Wow! Look at you and how mighty you are!" What do you hear Him telling you? "You can do it; if I want you to do it, you will be able to do it"

Favorite sound, smell, taste
Sound: the laughter of my Michael and Quinnlan - simultaneous is best!
Smell: Hamburgers on the grill - oy.
Taste: melted, caramelized cheese

3 comments:

Jenni Clayville said...

i love jilly more than life itself! i'm so glad you spotlighted this genius of a woman!

Melinda said...

I loved learning these things about you, Jilly!

Anonymous said...

I'm very blessed to also know Jilly through our service with choir together. She's my flair buddy.


Carolyn