Sunday, June 15, 2008

Getting to Know Us: Laura VanderGiessen



Laura serves as a worship leader and the leader of the one2one vocal ensemble.


If you werenʼt doing the most important job in the world right now (being a mother), what would your career be?
* I would most likely be doing Jay's job! :) No really, that's what I went to college for and where my passions lie. Before moving to Portland in 2003 I was a worship director at a smaller Presbyterian church in Seattle for 5 years. If I wasn't doing that I would probably go into interior design..something that uses my artistic side and creates beauty.

Who has been your favorite musical artist this last year?
* Bob Thomas. Okay seriously- that's a tough one..I kinda bounce around. Does it have to be just one? Consistently I like BarlowGirl and anything Christy Nockels (Watermark) puts out. Just recently I became a fan of Plumb but, I'm also really ministered to by Jeremy Riddle, Jeremy Camp & good ol' Chris Tomlin

Name two people you would like to meet and why.
* Karen Kingsbury (author) - really love her books, her passion for family & adoption (a huge desire of mine) and her perspective on the triumphs and tragedies in life
* Do these have to be alive people right now? If not, I'd like to meet Joseph..yeah, the guy from the Bible. I'd love to ask him so many questions about how he stayed strong in his faith despite all the upheaval and devastation and unfair treatment he endured. How did he learn to forgive? I just have a lot I'd love to find out about him as a person, how he felt, processed situations, etc.

In four sentences or less, describe what worship means to you.
* I feel like I'm in school again..Here goes: Worship to me is a verb...an action...something I was created to DO. I can worship in many different ways, obviously my personal fav is through music but I see worship as a daily act. Worship is something that happens every day, not just on Sundays. Worship is a lifestyle, not dictated by style or preference, but by the heart that is offered up to our God & Father

No comments: