Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Getting to Know Us: Jo Flomer

Passionate about: nieces and nephews (one pictured here), golf, the fast lane on the freeway, humor, dark chocolate and a fine cup of Joe, the quiet stillness in the early morning.

I serve on the music vocal teams of Choir and One2One. I serve because I love to sing and I enjoy working as a team. I especially delight in encouraging others to worship our Savior through music!

Quirkiest trait: I frequently leave at least 1 bite of food on my plate even though I could easily finish it. This includes desserts.

Most unique/challenging volunteer experience: I was a line judge for the men's Olympic volleyball team in an exhibition game 1 month before they won the gold medal in Los Angeles. I never called lines for any volleyball team prior to this and have never called any since. It should be noted that these guys can spike the ball up to 70 mph. Whoa. No wonder I was terrible!

No comments: