Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Getting To Know Us: Debbie Schappert


How/why do you serve at Sunset? I serve at Sunset because it is what God wants me to do. I like to help, and when He lays a need on my heart I try and follow His prompting. I currently am stage manager once a month and love serving on this team. I have wanted to do something in this 'area' ever since I first came to a service at Sunset. So after I joined the church last fall, I felt now was the time to step up and serve! I also had the privilege of co-leading a group of 5 year old's last summer for Kid's Camp, what a great time we all had. I did help a few time with data entry for prayer requests, but ran out of time to continue. Worship & Creative Arts is a good fit for me because I only have to do it one time a month, rather than every week.

What’s your hidden talent? Not sure, I tend to be a 'Jill of all Trades' and can be pretty versatile.

What are you passionate about? I am passionate about my kids and my business, which brings me to 'what is your day job'?. I own a boarding kennel for dogs and cats. We have 7 employee's and lot's of maintenance so between that and having two girls in elementary school, that fills by day up.

What is your favorite meal of the day (breakfast, lunch or dinner) and what would that meal be?Favorite meal of the day is probably dinner, as it is usually the most relaxing time of the day. Favorite food? Anything except fish.

I feel very blessed to be a part of this worship team and of Sunset!

Debbie, thanks for serving! We are glad to have you on our team!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Debbie is an asset to this team! She has such a gentle heart for being available for whatever she is directed to do! I'm so glad that she is a part of this group of growing friendships on the W&CA team!