Monday, October 26, 2009

Getting To Know Us: Rose Braun

Rose with her husband (Sunset's co-praise band director), Tyler.
How and why you serve at sunset?
I serve at Sunset on the worship team and I am also a small group leader for highschool girls who are now Juniors. Why do I do this? First and foremost I love the Lord with all that I am. I want to live a life of obedience and one full of community. I felt called to work with highschool girls many years ago after I graduated from high school myself. I love the life and energy that they bring each week, and they inspire and challenge me more than they realize. I have been with them since they were freshman and will continue until they are juniors. Every Tuesday night they come over and we dig into the Word, have hard converstations, times of prayer and have a lot of fun! Music has always been a part of my life. I had my first solo at church when I was about 7. In college I was looking for someone to be able to co- lead campus worship, and was directed to Tyler Braun, who is now my husband. It is a neat gift we both have and it's a treasure to share that together. Leading people into the presence of God is something I can't even describe and will never take for granted!
If you had a week to travel any where in the world, where would you go and why?
I would go to Hawaii. It's not too far to travel and I love it there! I have been there 3 times, and the last time was on our honeymoon. I would love to go back there with some girl friends this time and enjoy and relax for a week! What a dream that would be. :)
What are you passionate about?
Things I love and bring me passion are: LIFE, Jesus, the Bible and the life it brings, my husband, friends and family, exercise and health, kids and babies, and massage.
Favorite childhood memory?
Growing up in Alaska, ever winter we had some mad sledding hills. I have so many fun memories of racing my family members down our icy icy hill!
What's your day job?
My day job is always changing. But if you mean my "work" I would say, I am currently a waitress and trainer at the Cheesecake Factory. I am currently in school for maternity massage therapy and look forward to making that my career in the near future.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Rose is a delight to know. Her time is so diced up and consumed by employment and school and yet she so willingly and happily serves in youth ministry and in the Worship and Creative Arts. She is a tool in His hands.