Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Getting To Know Us: Laura VanderGiessen

Since Laura is our volunteer worship leader at the 5pm service we wanted to give you a chance to get to know her better. For another edition of "Getting To Know Us: Laura VanderGiessen", click here.

You’re the new volunteer worship leader for the Sunday evening service, but what’s your day job?
Domestic Goddess or CEO of household operations...I have 3 boys ages 6,4,& 5 months..'nuff said :)

If you were an animal, what animal would you be and why? that's a terrible question!!! I would be a hippo because I could just lay around all day and eat as much as I wanted and people would expect me to be humongous and fat...i would never have to "suck it in" again! Ha! :)

Best vacation memory - that's hard to narrow down to just one...Seeing Disneyland through the eyes of my 4 year old as an adult was pretty priceless...but a week of nothing on the beach in Puerto Vallarta with just my husband and about 10 books was pretty sweet too.

Most memorable on-stage-worship-leading experience? These would be from my Sunset days....Hmmm...one would be when I screwed up the names of the Oregon sports teams who won...there are NO Bears in Oregon (sorry Beaver fans). Another one would be singing Jeremy Camp's "My Desire" with Bob...just a sweet moment for me personally as that has been kind of a "life song" for me. I also loved leading when Julie Reid came back to sing for the first time after her heart surgery.

No comments: