Thursday, October 16, 2008

Getting to Know Us: Colin Kuskie


I'm Colin Kuskie, and I live out in Hillsboro with my wife Kathy and my two sons, Peter and Tim. We also have a dog, Peanut, an old snuggly cat named Cookie, and a young gray cat with too much attitude named Yoda.

I'm one part geek, one part husband, one part father and one part just me.

> Favorite way to spend a Saturday
According to the Kuskie Family Rulebook, if both parents agree the family may spend the day in sweats and PJ's and we don't work that day. This is a great way to spend a Saturday.

> Best book you read in 2008 and why
Emotionally Healthy Spirituality by Peter Scazzero. If Rick Warren and Sigmund Freud wrote a book together, this would be it. It's a great combination of cognitive psychology mixed with Christian spirituality.

> How and why you serve at Sunset
Play the tuba, run lights, operate a camera, do video direction, train to be a tech producer, help with pancake breakfasts, and from time to time I also do denominational scenario planning.
I used to be the volunteer webmaster for Sunset and I resurrected the coffee cart ministry in 2005.
I serve at Sunset because I like filling in gaps.

> Favorite dessert and/or breakfast cereal
Favorite dessert: Carrot cake
Favorite breakfast cereal: Leftover pizza (I'm not really a cereal fan.)

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I love the variety in your 'how I serve at Sunset' list!
I'm not a breakfast cereal person, either.
Thanks for the many things that you do, to grease the wheels for ministry at SPC!