Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Getting to Know Us: Janet Fraser


I serve at Sunst as the Director of Production. My primary role is as the Weekend service producer which means I'm responsible for taking the service plan and producing the experience in the room from the time you enter until you leave. I care alot about the hour on Sunday and creating an environment where you will know God's presence and be changed as a result. In addition, I manage the Tech Arts and Administrative staff for the ministry.
I am very married (21 years) to Michael and have 3 kids I'm crazy about. Chris 20, Molly almost 17 and Abby 14.

Describe your perfect day off?
I love spending time with family and friends, so probably hanging out doing something, or walking the Portland river walk and then having a great meal together would be pretty close to perfect.

Are you as administrative at home as you are at work?
An emphatic NO. (my family will laugh at that question). I never turn any Houseboat camp registration forms in on time! I keep the calendar in my head and juggle all our schedules and stuff, but I am not the same person at home. I’m way more flexible and in general I leave my attention to detail at the office.

What is one of the best things about your job at Sunset?
Must allow me two. 1 – I love the group of people I get to serve with, on the staff, our ministry team, I really love the people of Sunset.
2- I love seeing people use their gifts and then seeing their gifts connect them and others to God is the BEST.

If you could ensure passing one value to your children, what would it be and why? Serve. Do something for someone else. Get over yourself. Find what you are created by God to do, and do it. Serve.
Why? Because we were created to worship Him with our lives.

I also blog- check it out here

1 comment:

Melinda said...

You empower people well!
You nudge people toward their giftings.
You do not micro-manage.
You embrace diversity.