Friday, October 17, 2008

Getting to Know Us: Dania Behrens


Getting to know me.....first, a mini-bio.
I grew up in Medford, OR. My dad is from Mexico so i grew up with spanish, my mother also grew up in Medford. I have two siblings, my sister is a freshman at George Fox and my little brother is 13. Exciting thing about my life is I just got married this summer! And in December I WILL graduate from George Fox University, with a degree in theatre. I love other cultures and eating their food. I like to hear people's stories.

I really enjoy quotations. Other people have such great ways of saying things, there have been some eloquet people in this world.
Some of my favs...
"I don't make mistakes. I have unintentional improvizations" -?

"There are two kinds of people; Those who say to God "Thy will be done" and those to whom God says "Fine, have it your way"

"Pray for me also, that whenever i open my mouth words may be given me so that i will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which i am an ambasador in chains. Pray that i may declare it fearlessly as i should." Ephesians 6:19-20

"Be the change you wish to see in the world'' Gandhi

He wants us to stop trying to build him into our lives. But build our lives around him. (authentic beauty)

"Learn to do good. seek justice. Help the oppressed. defend the orphan. fight for the rights of widows" Isaiah 1:17

"We do not draw people to Christ be loudly discrediting what they believe, by telling them how wrong they are and how right we are, but by showing them a light that is so lovely that they want with all their hearts to know the source of it." (122. Walking on Water by Madline L'Engle)

I am TERRIBLE at athletics. Especially team sports. (not my spiritual gift)
I have a history of being extremely over committed, and I am working on that.

Who is your least favorite actor and why?
....harder question than it may seem. Actors I don't like are generally not involved in movies I like. I struggle to watch Keanu Reeves (I think alot of people agree with me there) , Paul Walker is the epitomy of "I'm pretty, so I must be able to act". oh and his female equal is the girl in Transformers...
Junk food item that you most wish was a health food?
Much to the chagrin of my husband, macaroni and cheese. Or more specifically, fake cheese. Mac 'n cheese and that "Smartpop" white cheddar popcorn are my favorites. I crave them often. (tyler looked at me disapprovingly as I typed this)

When did you know you had a passion for theatre?
It was always my crowd in high school, but I would never say I was good, and i never thought that i would major in it in college. There came a point where i couldn't not do theatre. I was in love with the community nature of it. Each show requires many artists each working together to create this increadible work of art. I think that God is the master storyteller. He created this world we live in; the set, lights, sounds, characters. "All the world's a stage" I would say it is his stage. We create a small world, for that time, that retells a peice of God's story.

The first question you would ask God in heaven?
If, when I got to heaven I cared any more about these things...I would ask him what the fruit in the garden of eden really was...my vote it passion fruit.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

What a fantastic addition to the team Worship and Creative Arts Team! Welcome Dania!