Friday, June 6, 2008

Getting to Know us: Carolyn Pullen


Describe yourself: I'm an upbeat, positive, optimistic person.

How/Why you serve:
I serve in the choir. It is the place at Sunset that I feel such joy and happiness to be apart of. I always had some reason why I could not try serving in another area at Sunset and this past Feb.('08) I left the synchronized swimming team I had been competing with for the last 26 years because I feel in love with serving God through choir. It is the perfect place for me to express my creativity and to feel fully accepted for who I am and what I can bring to the glory of God through the creative arts and worship ministry on any given Sunday whether choir is on the platform or not. I am apart of something much bigger.

IPOD playlist:
On my iPod right now to name a few I have: Revelation Song, Worship Him, Praise You, Heartland, I Saw God Today(George Strait), Margaritaville, Cheeseburger in Paradise(Jimmy Buffett), Sailing(Christopher Cross),You are Good(Lincoln Brewster), Glory in the Highest(I have a lot of Chris Tomlin).

Random Fact/Accomplishment:
6th place in the 30-34 age group team event at World Masters Synchronized Swimming competition in 2006, 6-8 national titles in the 30-39 age group for the team event in synchronized swimming.

Family:
I have a younger brother who is married and lives in Tucson with his wife. They both are working on their Ph.d's at the University of Arizona. I also feel very blessed to have the best parent in the world.

2 comments:

Christina Groth said...

. . . and Carolyn is an amazingly encouraging friend! Such a great heart!

Melinda said...

Carolyn is such a great greeter. Making people feel welcome around her is important to her, and it is so productive!