Monday, July 6, 2009

Getting To Know Us: April Curtright

April pictured here with fellow choir member Jilly Gossett and Choir Director Jilly Hofer.

How/why do you serve at Sunset?
I'm in the choir, I occasionally do special media projects, have done data entry, and generally just hang around a lot helping where I can.
Why do you serve?
Because I love and believe in the ministry of Sunset, especially the Worship & Creative Arts team. I love the PEOPLE on W&CA, they have become my family. I love serving next to them to bring glory to God. Choir is the most important area of service for me. Those people mean the world to me. I love singing and have learned so much from Jill's leadership and her love of people and music.

When you have a day to spend any way you want, how do you choose to spend it?
With people I love. God has blessed me with some pretty amazing friends, and nothing makes me happier than spending time with them...doesn't matter what we're doing as long as we're together.

What’s your favorite time of day and why?
On just a regular day, probably early morning because that's generally when I have my time with God and do some writing.

Current top 10 songs on your playlist?
It's hard to choose just 10...
You Are Everything by Matthew West
Don't Get Comfortable by Brandon Heath
Every Time I Breathe by Big Daddy Weave
How Would I Know by Kathy Troccoli
Only Hope by Jill Hofer & Nikki
He Reigns by Women of Faith Worship Team Rebirthing by Skillet Hold Me Jesus by Big Daddy Weave That's How Much I Love You by Kathy Troccoli Made to Worship by Chris Tomlin

1 comment:

Melinda said...

April rocks!
I love the eye contact she uses when singing that really makes the song a conversation. She is also an amazingly skilled writer. Her thoughts just flip switches on in my head, when I read them. So glad to have you in the family, April!