Monday, June 8, 2009

Getting To Know Us: Josh Rawson

I serve at Sunset doing sound at the 5 pm services. I have been doing sound and all the technical stuff in the background since my sophomore year in high school. I love working behind the scenes making services run as smooth as possible and enjoyable for the people in the congregation. Being a nineteen year old boy living in this world is crazy, but I love God and serving him and people around me and that makes it so much easier to take it day by day.

What are three things you can't live without and why? There are so many things in my life that I can't live without it's hard to boil it down to just three but I will try my best. Number one is of course my Bible, it is my road map for life without it I am lost and a wanderer. I always have access to a Bible no matter where I am even if I get it online. Number two would be my bed. I love my bed it is the most comfortable place I have ever slept. I wouldn't trade it for anything except maybe a lot of money but then I would just buy it back. I love sleeping it is pretty much my favorite part of the day. Number three would of course be my laptop. I go everywhere with it except the bathroom, it is like another part of my body.

What is your "day job"? My day job consists of several different jobs, I am a full time student at Portland Community College studying to become an electrician, I am on call at Sunset for anything av that might need to be done during the week when I'm not at school. All while being my families personal chauffeur. With a family of three boys our schedules are always packed. It is my job to make sure everyone gets to where they need to be and on time, which occasionally requires me to drive a little faster than the speed limit but not be extremely dangerous.

If you were a lawn decoration, what decoration would you be and why? If I had to be a lawn decoration I would probably be a garden gnome. If you know me you would agree with me that it would be funny. Me being 6' 5" as a garden gnome would be awesome. I would probably be the tallest gnome you would have ever seen. Trust me you wouldn't ever have to worry about tripping over me because you didn't see me.

How do you serve at Sunset and in the Worship & Creative Arts Ministry? I have only been attending Sunset for less than six months (as of June 2009) and I am already fully involved with the church. Along with serving at the 5 pm service as I mentioned before, I helped with the Easter Service in 2009, I have done some volunteering for the Sunday morning services, I have done sound for Wildfire (the middle school youth group) as a substitute, and if there are any events held at the church that require any AV help I also do that.

No comments: