Monday, November 16, 2009

Getting To Know Us: Seth Heasley


How/why do you serve at Sunset?
I sing on Worship Teams and in the Choir when I can. I've been involved in music since college and love to use my voice in ministry. I'm constantly inspired both by the other vocalists and especially by the band.

Favorite Thanksgiving tradition?
I've never been a fan of college football, so I've got to go with the eating. Actually, my family used to play Scrabble or Boggle after dinner. I love me some word games.

What are you passionate about?
Books. Well, reading anyway. They know me by name at the library, and I'm constantly reading, even sometimes while walking. Still no major collisions, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
I also love to write, so I try to do that as much as possible. Someday maybe I'll even try to get something published!
I'm also a fan of theology. So a fair bit of my reading and writing is on that topic.

A place you’d love to visit and who you want to go with?
Having been to very few places, I'm pretty much on-board with going *anywhere*. I've seen most of the Western U.S., so I'd love to travel on the East Coast with my family.
(There might be a fair number of baseball stadiums on that tour, since my son and I are huge MLB fans.)
For foreign destinations, I'd love to travel Europe a bit. But I'm fine with expanding my domestic travel first.

What’s your “day job”?
I'm one of those techo-Intel guys, and I could easily bore myself describing my job. I always tell myself I'm a famous author in an engineer's body.

No comments: