Monday, June 15, 2009

Getting To Know Us: Bob Thomas

How do you serve at Sunset and the Worship & Creative Arts Team? Presently I sing in various worship teams at Sunset, am an Elder to Session for the Worship and Arts ministry and am on the Creative Arts Serving Team (CAST). I have served in the Food and Toy ministry vicariously through my wife, Kristin, who has been one of its leaders for the last few years (I’m the gopher).

If the past 5 years of your life was made into a movie, what would the title be and why? “Dumb and Dumber” – the more I learn, the more I realize how much I don’t know
“Toy Story” – with two boys under the age of 8, it feels like I’ve been picking up toys and yelling at the kids to pick up toys for the last 5 years. I hear this never ends and the toys just keep getting bigger.

Describe your perfect vacation. My perfect vacation would be at Sunriver, near a pool, with my family, with no agenda and cable TV (don’t have it at home so I get to catch up on the universe of reality shows that make me realize what I’m not missing on cable TV).

What’s your “day job”? I manage some multi-state rehab companies that provide physical, occupational and speech therapy in skilled nursing facilities, outpatient clinics, schools and hospitals. I also teach continuing education courses for therapists around the country and at Pacific University in Hillsboro and write for various professional publications.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Thank you so much for your dependable, skilled and caring service at SPC!