Monday, May 19, 2008

Getting to Know Us: William Efird


(pictured here with his wife Mo)

Passionate about: My family, political news, geopolitics, drums and my job!
What I do at Sunset: I serve as a drummer for the Worship Music Ministry. I serve because it is a way that I can help people worship God. I also get to play the drums!

Quirkiest Trait: I love my label maker and velcro cord ties in my home office. I'm an abuser!

"Lagniappe" (look it up...): I started playing drums at Sunset in November of 2004 on a lark. Carl Johnson talked me into trying out with Jim Kimsey after a 14 year layoff from the drums. At the time, I was a cultural Christian, but wouldn't say that I truly believed in Christ. I came to the realization of who Christ is after a green-room conversation between the worship team during the service in June of 2006. That conversation led to me reading the Case for Christ. While reading the book, I was struck, as if by lightning, with the realization that Christ was and is real!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to hear stories like that William. We are better for having you around.

Melinda said...

What fun tid-bits to learn about you! Thanks for drumming!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your post! I love seeing you up there drumming. In fact I love your whole family! Fabulous to see God at work since having the privilege of doing Mo's God's Work of Art interview year's ago!
Love you guys!
Debbie Stewart

Jenni Clayville said...

Check out Mo's arms! SHE should play the drums too.

Laura said...

We love you William!! So glad you're part of the team!

Anonymous said...

William is the best drummer, he can play the drums practically in ANY key!!