Friday, October 16, 2009

Worship Update 10/16

From Jay

Can’t Wait

I don’t often get moved to tears in my quiet time with God, but I was this morning. I am in Colossians right now, reading about how Jesus is the fullness of God; that when you see Jesus, you see an exact representation of His Father God.

This study guide book I am in asked this question: “What are some of the difficulties we have in trying to know and relate to an invisible God?”

Suddenly I was hit with a longing to see Jesus face to face like I never have. If He is my best friend, if He is my Redeemer, my Savior, if I am supposed to be drawing closer to Him, it just kind of seems like I should be able to talk with Him face to face, to ask Him questions, to listen to Him, like other people in my life I love and that love me. I can tell you all the answers I have said all my life about how He speaks to me through His Word and how we can pray to Him boldly, etc. And even though I believe in those things with all my heart, I just really, really, really would like to see Him, face to face.

Colossians 1:15-16…

Christ is the visible image of the invisible God.He existed before anything was created
and is supreme over all creation, for through him God created everything
in the heavenly realms and on earth. He made the things we can see
and the things we can’t see—

And so I wait, along with you, for a time when I finally will see Him standing in front of me.

Now we see things imperfectly as in a cloudy mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely. - 1 Corinthians 13:12


Seasons Of Service

Habitat for Humanity - October 31st
The CREW (our tech & production team) is doing a community service project in October and we have a couple spots open for anyone who would like to join us!

We’ll be working at the Westside project in Aloha and we have a couple openings left:
8:30 - Noon (need one) Noon - 4 (need two)
Lunch is provided. Let me know if you're available- we'd love to have you join us! RSVP today to janetfraser@sunsetpres.org


Opportunities To Serve

New Ushers Needed!!
We are in need of ushers for all 3 services, especially the 11am. If you are available and willing to serve once a month as an usher, please contact carriepeeples@sunsetpres.org or 503-292-9293x3083.

Communion Help
We are looking for people willing to serve once a month helping with communion. Specific positions needed are prep, servers, and clean-up. If you are interested and willing to serve, please email to carriepeeples@sunsetpres.org or call 503.292.9293 x3083.

Sunday Morning Preludes
We are looking for people willing to play the preludes Sunday mornings before The Nine service, in December and January. For more info or to propose a list of your available Sundays please contact Janet Harmon, jkharmony@comcast.net.

Pop Culture Wanted!
Sermon Research Team
We’re looking for people who have an eye for what is current in movies, art, music, and media to partner with Pastor Ron by researching and using these sources for sermon preparation.
Please contact janetfraser@sunsetpres.org.

Videographers And Set Designers Needed!
We’re looking for people to serve in filming and editing the children’s dramas, for distribution to parents. Also set designers to help plan and build the sets.
Next drama is December 6th. If you are able to help in either capacity, please contact carriepeeples@sunsetpres.org.

Join Sunset Choir
Choir has started!! But it’s never too late to join. If you love to express your heart for God through song, please plan to participate in choir this year. Rehearsal is every Wednesday, 7-9pm in the basement on the west side of the building. For questions or more information, contact jillhofer@sunsetpres.org.


Upcoming Events
October 25 – Annual Meeting, 6:30p in the Sanctuary
November 1 – Daylight Savings Ends
November 25 – Thanksgiving Eve Service with RESCUE!

No comments: