Sunday, July 27, 2008

July 27th Services

The Nine
Forgiveness- Rebecca Strott vocal and guitar (Patti Griffin)
Song: O Worship The King (traditional)
Song: Here I Am to Worship (Tim Hughes)
Song: Healer (Hillsong)
Family Business: Mike Matousek
Song: When the Tears Fall (Tim Hughes)
DVD Sermon Intro- Why is Life So Hard?
Message: Why Does God Allow us to Face So Many Difficulties
Prayers of Comfort
Song: Oceans Rise (Hillsong)
Song: You Never Let Go (Matt Redman)

The Eleventh Hour
Forgiveness- Rebecca Strott vocal and guitar (Patti Griffin)
Song: I Am Free(Newsboys)
Song: Hosanna (Hillsong)
Song: Healer (Hillsong)
Family Business: Mike Matousek
Song: When the Tears Fall (Tim Hughes)
DVD Sermon Intro- Why is Life So Hard?
Message: Why Does God Allow us to Face So Many Difficulties
Prayers of Comfort
Song: Oceans Rise (Hillsong)
Song: You Never Let Go (Matt Redman)
-----
Production Notes
Concept for Bulletin Cover/Sermon Opener based on the book "Writing on the Wall: Prayers, Psalms and Laments of the Rising Culture" Pete Greig; DVD Clip produced by Kent Factora
Special Thanks to those who prayed prayers of comfort today!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Barb for your awesome message. The part that touched me the most was your personal story when you said "I can't do it" and how you repeated it again and again. Your point was made and you had us all in the palm of your hand. We have all been there and some how through God's grace and peace we survive and grow as you have done in front of us so beautifully.

Janet, Thank you for your excellent production of the service and for praying with me over the loss of our wonderful Dads. I don't think the tears will ever go away. but neither will the love and fond memories.

Margaret Evans

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the opportunity. I thought that today's message and prayer service was one of the BEST here at Sunset. At the Nine service Karen and I was able to connect with 3 other couples who had lost a baby, and we spoke with another couple after the service. The prayer of comfort and support was very effective and moving. Thank you Barbara and Janet for a wonderful - Spirit filled service!

George Wespi

Anonymous said...

What an experience. I never imagine what happen Sunday. My card said, ”Loneliness”, so I thought and prayed about how God would want me to pray if anyone came forward. They came to pray for me and to give me comfort and lift me up. God is so faithful and he sends his people to comfort and support. I was totally taken aback. Also as I left the Sanctuary there others that stopped me and ask how they could pray for me. Do you see the word “me” in all of this. It was humbling and my heart soared and yes tears flowed. Thanks for the challenge, because I wouldn’t have had such a personnel message from him.
Donna Larson