Friday, July 25, 2008

A Note from Julie Reid

To my Worship and Creative Arts Friends,

Thursday, July 31 will be a bittersweet day for me as it will be my last day on staff at Sunset as the Minister of Worship and Creative Arts. I have been humbled and privileged to serve in this role for the past 5 years, both as the leader of the Worship and Creative Arts Leadership Team and as a member of Pastor Ron’s Management Team. Jay McKenney will take over my responsibilities on August 1.

I thank each of you for the opportunity it has been to serve with you. Together we have invited our church community into weekly experiences of God’s life changing presence through powerful moments of surrender, commitment, celebration, challenge, awestruck wonder and heartfelt worship. The humility with which you have served in light of the incredible talent in our ranks is a testimony to your spiritual maturity and gracious spirit of servanthood. I couldn’t be more proud or more grateful to each of you who have so generously sacrificed your time and talent weekend after weekend to honor our great God and Savior.

This ministry has grown and changed tremendously over the last 5 years. You have prayed and persevered through difficult transitions and changes. You have shown commitment and faithfulness through new challenges. We have an outstanding team of leaders in place today that is far and away the best we’ve had in the 20 years I have been at Sunset. Jay is a uniquely gifted leader and minister who will continue to lead well with integrity and heart. Janet, Jill, Tyler, Scott, Travis, Kent, Randy, Laura, Bob, Bonnie and our elder Steve…what a team to lead us into the future!

I plan to take some time to concentrate on my health and family this fall. Dan and I will continue to worship at Sunset, and I look forward to joining you on the platform again in the near future. Singing with you all is still one of the greatest joys in my life, and I won’t be able to stay away for long!

This is not goodbye… it is just a big “thank you” for the years of support and encouragement you have offered to me as my ministry partners and friends during my years on staff.

Gratefully,
Julie

No comments: